Ford's move to the 6.7L Scorpion Powerstroke meant more top and low end power as well as better torque throughout the power band. Ford engineered this engine in-house to be the cleanest and most powerful Powerstroke engine ever. One way it was able to achieve those gains over the prior generation 6.4L Powerstroke (equipped with a massive BorgWarner dual turbocharger system) was through the use of the SST / Scorpion VNT dual boost single SST3266V Garrett turbocharger. The first of its kind, this Garrett turbocharger contains the world's first dual-sided compressor wheel. This innovation enables two-stage engine boosting out of a single turbocharger, essentially allowing the single sequential turbocharger to act like a dual turbocharger system with less weight and greater reliability. Traditional variable vane turbochargers don't require a wastegate and prevent over-speeding by opening vanes in the turbine housing. This unit, in contrast, uses variable vane technology to achieve desirable and quick spooling, while also using a wastegate to eliminate possible over-speeding. Early units supplied to Ford featured a ceramic ball bearing system that was prone to fail, and this unit has been redesigned to incorporate a steel ball bearing to address that issue once and for all.
- Low friction ball bearing system reduces mechanical loss and improves responsiveness and fuel economy
- Wastegate-on-VNT bypass valve allows a high power point by bypassing the turbo
- Steel ball bearing ensures efficient and long-lasting operation and has been redesigned from earlier ceramic ball bearing units
- Pedestal mount is not included. Ford suggests reusing the stock mount
- When this stock turbocharger fails, it often blows seals and allows oil into the intercooler. We suggest at a minimum an intercooler inspection and possibly a replacement at the same time the turbocharger is replaced.
- Your complete and rebuildable core must be received within 30 days in order to receive a core refund
Guaranteed exact fit.
Please verify your turbo part number corresponds with the one in this listing.
If you are unsure please contact us to verify you are purchasing the correct turbocharger for your vehicle.
We usually carry inventory but if we do not have in stock please expect an additional 2-4 days in your shipping time.
Fits following years and models:
2011 2012 2013 2014 Ford F Series Trucks F250 F350 F450 6.7L Cab & Chassis Diesel Engine
Interchangeable part numbers:
786646-0013 795657-0005 795657-0006 795657-5006S
795657-5013S 7956570006 7956575006S 851824-0001S
851824-5001S 851824-9001S 8518240001S BC3Q-9G438-AG
BC3Q9G438A BC3Q9G438AC BC3Q9G438AD BC3Q9G438AE
BC3Q9G438AF BC3Q9G438AG BC3Q9G438AH BC3Q9G438AJ
BC3Q9G438AK BC3Q9G438DC BC3Q9G438DD BC3Q9G438DE
BC3Q9G438DF BC3Q9G438DG BC3Q9G438DH BC3Q9G438DJ
BC3Q9G438DK BC3Z6K682A BC3Z6K682B BC3Z6K682C 851824-5001S