With the CTS Gen 3 Electronic Wastegate Actuator Extension Harness, you no longer need the turbo on the engine to check and adjust the wastegate voltage. You can set the wastegate voltage on your new turbo/actuator outside of the car before installing turbo.
See it in action here https://youtu.be/tBzb00s4BD4
How does it work?
- Connect the CTS Wastegate Actuator Extension Harness to the electrical connector on the vehicle.
- Connect the other end of the extension harness to the turbo on your workbench.
- Turn on ignition but do not start engine.
- You can now start up your computer and VCDS/OBD11 on the same workbench and calibrate/troubleshoot the wastegate voltage at your convenience.
- Calibrating wastegate voltage is easier without turbo installed
- Troubleshooting wastegate operation (fix P2563, P00AF and P0045 codes)
- Convenience – save time and money
- Ease of adjustment – no need to dive under the car to set correct voltage
Fitment (all Gen3 TSI engines):
- 2014.5 – 2019 Volkswagen Jetta 1.8T and 2.0T Gen3
- 2015 – 2019 Volkswagen Golf, Sportwagen, Alltrack, GTI, Golf R 1.8T and 2.0T Gen3
- 2017-2019 Audi AllRoad, A4, A5